The December Birchbox is, according to their website, full of “lovely products that will help you look and feel your best, whether you’re heading to an ice skating party or a glam gala.” Well. That might be stretching it a bit.
- Number 4 | Clarifying Shampoo, full size $32.00. I love that this is a shampoo sample in a size that has more than one use. Smells delicious, and a great choice for winter, when I end up piling product in my hair to fight moisture-related frizzies.
- Juicy Couture | Juicy Couture Perfume, full size $90.00. Usually a big fan of the perfume samples, but this one was a dud. Far, far too floral & chemical-scented for me. Gave me a massive headache after one little spritz.
- theBalm cosmetics | Hot Mama Shadow+Blush, full size $20.00. This is a gorgeous peachy/gold/pink blush that says summer to me, not December. The color is lovely & the packaging is adorable, but it’ll most likely sit at the bottom of my make-up bag until June.
- Mox Botanicals | Lip Balm, full size $16.00. Local (from Portland) and free of artificial ingredients is a huge hit for me, and this lip balm smells delicious. Taste and texture is good, but I hate the fact that it comes in a little pot. All I can think of is germs.
- Tweezerman | Filemate, $5.00. A cute little file that’s the Birchbox Extra for this month. Since my opinion is that you can never have too many nail files, I’m just fine with that.