July’s Birchbox was a collaboration with Glamour; it revolved around a “five senses” theme. While not my favorite box, I’m still fairly pleased with it.
- Birchbox headphones: these are adorable little earbuds! Mine are bright pink and green.
- Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum: it’s sunscreen. Fancy sunscreen, to be sure, but still, sunscreen. The sunscreen smell isn’t very strong, which would make this nice for daily use. It’s also paraben-free.
- Alterna BAMBOO UV+ Color Protection Fade-Proof Fluide: This is supposed to keep your color-treated hair from fading. The problem with little hair-care samples is that there really isn’t enough to see if it’s effective. The full-sized bottle is supposed to keep your hair color vibrant for up to sixty washes, and it does have a pleasant smell, so it might be worth investing in the full size.
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner: I was thrilled to see this in my box. It’s a felt-tip eyeliner pen, which allows for easier, more precise application of liquid eyeliner.
- Harvey Prince “Hello” Perfume: I know that some people hate getting perfume samples, but I’m a little addicted to them. I wear perfume constantly, but am always in the mood for different scents! According to Birchbox, “Hello” is ‘an energizing mix of citrus and floral notes that will keep you optimistic even when you get up on the wrong side of the bed.’ Harvey Prince scents usually have a bit of a chemical scent to me, but I didn’t notice it as much with “Hello” as with “Ageless.”
- Tea Forte Minteas- Reboot: Tea-flavored, energy-enhancing mints. The taste isn’t bad- chocolate with a hint of tea- but I didn’t notice any boost in energy from just one. In the future I’d probably stick with an Altoid.