I’m sure by now you’re all familiar with Birchbox, right? For $10 a month, Birchbox sends samples of high-end make-up, skin & hair care products. We all know how much I love getting things in the mail, so I was pretty excited to receive my first box this month.
- Stila Classic Smoky Eye- I haven’t used this sample yet, as I’m saving it for a day when I do more than work at home. I can say that I love Stila products, but I would have enjoyed a larger sample. This looks like it will be enough for one application. **UPDATE** Tried this sample and it was fantastic. The shadows are super-smooth & blendable, did not smudge over a day’s wear. Definitely buying this in a full version.
- Ageless Perfume, by Harvey Prince-Described as a “sophisticated mix of pink grapefruit, pomegranate, and jasmine,” to me this smelled more like one of the over-scented, headache-inducing body sprays at Bath & Body Works. I had to go wash it off.
- Color Club Nail Lacquer in “He Loves Me”- I didn’t think I’d like this color in the bottle, as it appeared a washed-out, pale sort of pink. On my nails, though, it’s a bright, bubble-gum, cotton candy color that I love. The polish is a little thin (I put on two coats, and probably should have done a third).
- Orofluido Elixir- I absolutely adored this hair oil. It’s very lightweight & gave my dry ends a lot of shine, but the smell is what won me over. It’s a warm vanilla-amber smell that I cannot get enough of.
- Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint- According to the Birchbox website, “the formula has light-diffusing minerals, which give skin a soft glow and also smooth over any fine lines.” What ‘light-diffusing minerals’ translated to, in my case, was sparklyness, a look that I’ve been avoiding since, oh, about the 6th grade. I also found that it tended to settle in my skin & highlight any flaws, rather than smoothing over them.
- Tea Forte Skin-Smart Antioxidant Amplifier Tea- I love me some tea! This came in three different flavors- Cherry Marzipan for Corrective Repair, Honey Yuzu for Natural Renewal, and Cucumber Mint for Youth Recovery. I don’t know if they had any real effect on my skin, but they were super yummy.
Did you get a Birchbox this month? What was in yours? I’d love to know!