I don’t know about you, but I adore my crock-pot. It makes my whole day easier. I got this recipe from Real Simple, which is the only magazine I subscribe to (completely worth the $). Simple to prepare- very little in the way of measuring & chopping- and absolutely delicious.
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 carrots, cut into 1″ pieces (I used baby carrots cut in half)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (if you have it. I cheated & used the freeze-dried poultry herb blend from Litehouse)
- 1 bay leaf (left it out. I hate bay leaves. But if you like it, hey, you go for it)
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1.5 cups chicken broth OR water (whatever you have)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Grands flaky biscuits
~In a 4-6 quart crock pot, mix together the mushrooms, carrots, onion, flour, herbs, and broth/water. Place the chicken on top; season with salt & pepper.
~Cover and cook until chicken & veggies are tender, on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
~15 minutes before serving, bake Grands biscuits according to instructions on package.
~10 minutes before serving, add the peas & cream to the chicken mixture and stir to combine. With meat still in pot, shred with two forks. Cover and cook until heated through, approx. 10 minutes more. Salt to taste.
~Serve over biscuits.
Did you make it and love it? Make it and hate it? Leave me a comment, I’d love to hear about it!